Past: This section will have the history of each business beginning from its establishment, through various ownerships and name changes. Pictures may be used provided you have authority to post them.
Historic Hotels, Inns, and Taverns:
- Knox: Tea Houses, Inns, Hotels - Knox Sesquicentennial Booklet
- Allen's Tea Room, now Foxenkill Lodge
- Foxenkill Lodge, originally Allen's Tea Room.
- Knox Country Store 1978 -2010
- Merrymen's Tea House 1927 - 1941
- Township Hotel, built about 1830, is now the Township Tavern.
- Wayside Tavern
Other Historic Businesses and Industry
- Blacksith Shop - now Stevens Gas Station
- Knox Cave
- Knox: Early Industries
- Knox Mutual Insurance Co.
- Knox: Pillbox capital of the world
- Maplewood Poultry Farm
- Stevens Gas Station of Knox, NY
- Professional Musical Host
Current farms and businesses:
- Green Acres Mobile Home Park
- Knox Farms, Natural History, and Outdoor Recreation has a listing of current farms and businesses including places to get something to eat and places to sleep.
- Frantzen's Scenic Acres
- Heldeberg Market - Marketing farm produce.
- Highland Farms Restaurant - in an historic home.