Gaige, Minnie L.
Minnie L. Gaige was born June 30, 1906, the daughter of Willard Gaige and Cora B. Schoolcraft or Cora Tompkins (in obituary.) Her brothers and sisters were:
- Earl F. Gaige (17 FEB 1891 - APR 1971)
- LeRoy E. Gaige (17 APR 1893 - MAY 1972)
- Nina S. Gaige (ABT 1896 - 27 JAN 1973), mother of Earl J. Janssen, Paul Gaige Janssen, and James A. Janssen
- Jesse C. Gaige (13 APR 1897 - AUG 1975)
- Carl D. Gaige (22 MAR 1898 - 6 SEP 1973)
- Olin N. Gaige (10 SEP 1903 - 10 DEC 1978)
Marriage & Children
Minnie Gaige married on Saturday, November 1, 1924 Luther A. Dexter (28 APR 1899 - SEP 1979), the son of William S. Dexter and Elizabeth. Their children were:
- Merlin L. Dexter, Schenectady,
- Mildred Hoffman, Schenectady,
- Charles E. Dexter, Knox
- Shirley A. Dexter, Knox
- Nancy Dexter, Knox
- Robert Dexter, Knox
- Richard Dexter, Knox
- Barbara Dexter, Troy
- Cora Dexter
Minnie Gaige Dexter died January 7, 1998
KNOX - Minnie Gaige Dexter, 91, died Jan. 7, at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany following a brief illness.
Mrs. Dexter was born June 30, 1906 in Khox, daughter of Willard and Cora Tompkins Gaige and was a lifelong resident.
She is survived by three sons —-* Merlin Dexter of Schenectady, Charles E. Dexter of St. Cloud, Fla., and Richard Dexter of Knox; three daughters -- Mildred Hoffman of Schenectady, Barbara L. Dexter of Troy, and Nancy Dexter of Knox; 15 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, two great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Her husband, Luther Dexter, died in 1979. Two daughters, Cora Spadaro and Shirley Dexter; and on son, Robert Dexter, are also deceased.
A funeral service was held Saturday at the Fredendall Funeral Home in Altamont. Burial was in the Knox Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Assoc; 50 Colvin Ave. Albany, NY 12206
- Altamont Enterprise - Thursday, January 15, 1998
- www.BerneHistory.com Family Files