Emily Haluska was the daughter of the late John G. Haluska (26 FEB 1889 - 19 APR 1975) and Mary Stempel Haluska (ABT 1893 - BET 17 AND 26 JAN 1965). Her brothers and sisters were:
- Charles V. Haluska of East Berne, (12 FEB 1919 - 20 JAN 2004) father of Stanley Haluska
- Joseph J. Haluska of Albany (16 NOV 1912 - 28 DEC 1999)
- John Michael Haluska of Milton (Ulster Co.) (29 SEP 1914 - 5 DEC 1996)
- Frank Haluska of Loudonville
- Elsie Megas of Albany (9 AUG 1917 - 30 MAY 1989)
- Martha Garry of Knox
- Helen Crooks (6 MAR 1916 - 28 FEB 1994)
- Dorothy A. Robinson of Clarksyille (December 6, 1926 - March 31, 2009)
Marriage & Children
Emily Haluska married on October 16, 1954, William Chase ( - April 22, 1988), the son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Chase. Their children were:
- William A. Chase, Jr., of Hudson
- Laura M, Chase of Ladson, S.C.
- Karin Remmers of Gallupville
- Stephen L. Chase of Schoharie
- Marie I. Chase of East Berne
- Rosemary Chase of Stuyvesant (Columbia Co;);
The marriage of Miss Emily Haluska, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John G. Haluska and William Chase, son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Chase, took place Saturday at St. Lucy's Church in Altamont, Rev. Nicholas Fitzgerald officiating.
The bride wore a satin cathedral train gown with chantilly lace bodice studded with white sequins around the yoke. Her laced edged illusion fingertip veil was caught to a perl studded crown. She carried white roses.
Mrs. Orville Crookes, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. She wore at coral faille gown, matching hat;, and carried rose shaded mums. Miss Mary Jane Crookes, Miss Marcia Haluska, nieces of the bride and Miss Mildred Chase, sister of the groom were bridesmaids. All wore matching costumes of blue net, bonnets to match and white mitts. They carried yellow and orchid mums. The groom was attended by his brother, Edward Chase, Jr. Norman Countryman, brother-in-law of the groom; Charles Haluska, brother of the bride and Orville Crookes brother-in-law of the bride, were ushers.
A buffett luncheon, followed by dancing, was served at Rest Seekers Inn, East, Berne, with approximately 80 guests present. After the reception the newlyweds left on a wedding trip. Upon their return they plan to live in Watertown.
- Altamont Enterprise - Friday, October 22, 1954
CHASE - April 22, William A. Chase of East Berne, husband of Emily Haluska Chase; father of William A. Chase, Jr., of Hudson, Laura M, Chase of Ladson, S.C.; Karin Remmers of Gallupville; Stephen L. Chase of Schoharie; Marie I. Chase of East Berne and Rosemary Chase of Stuyvesant (Columbia Co;); brother of Mildred Schmid, Violet Finch, Hulda Acker, Minnie Salsbury, Ellen Countryman, Clarence and Kenneth Chase and the late Edward Chase, Jr.,; also survived by seven grandchildren, many nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be private at the convenience of the family. There will, be no calling hours. Interment will be at Woodlawn Cemetery, Berne. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society,, executive Park Tower Building, Albany, N.Y. 12203.
- Altamont Enterprise - April 28, 1988
William A. Chase Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - April 28, 1988