From Rensselaerville, NY - a Helderberg Hilltown
Something to eat
- The Bees Knees Cafe - Heather Ridge Farm - Outdoor cafe with a great view of the Catskill Mountains. Open every Saturday through October 9, 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM; 989 Broome Center Road, Preston Hollow, NY 12469. Tel. (518) 239-6234.
- The Hilltown Café - Family restaurant in an historic building, 26 C.R. 353, Rensselaerville hamlet; Tel. (518) 797-9225.
- Medusa General Store - a deli, convenience store and whole foods grocery. 6 Red Barn Lane, Medusa. Tel. 239 6980.
- Palmer House Café - Elegant dining in an historic building. Menus change seasonally and feature finest local produce and NY products; tavern with full bar serves lighter fare, Rensselaerville hamlet; Tel. (518) 797-3449.
- Shell Inn - Bar and restaurant, Rte. 85; Tel. (518) 797-9682.
- The Weathervane - 76 Huyck Rd., Rensselaerville, Tel. (518) 797-3222.
- West Winds - food and beverages, burgers, sandwiches, convenience store items, videos, lawn ornaments, 2939 Main St. Preston Hollow; Tel. (518) 239-4530.
Places to stay
- The Rensselaerville Institute - A world-renowned meeting center situated on a country estate. Accommodating 10-180 attendees who prefer fresh air, exquisite food and a relaxed distraction-free setting. Email: Rensselaerville Instute
- The Catalpa House - is a Bed and Breakfast in an historic building; serving visitors since 1922. Contact Person/Owner: Marlene & Steve Omlor, Main Street, PO Box 248, Rensselaerville, NY 12147; Tel. 518-797-5280 or 518-797-3484. The Catalpa House
- Guest Houses - to be added when there are some.
For something special
- D.C. Story & Co. - clocks and antique repairs; cabinet maker - fine cabinets and kitchens; Rensselaerville hamlet; Tel. 518-797-3375.
- Hilltown Market & Natural Food Co-op, Inc. - Coop and public market for local services, goods and produce; PO Box 238, 26 Rt. 353; Tel. 518-797-3144. Email: Justin
- Old Fire House Antiques - Open Mar-Nov, Preston Hollow; Tel. 518-239-8420.
- Second Hand Rose and More - collectibles; Rt. 145, Preston Hollow; Tel. 518-239-8015
- Black Sheep Designs - arts and crafts; learn the ancient art of feltmaking with a contemporary twist; contact: Sharon Costello, 5000 Delaware Turnpike, Rensselaerville; Tel. 518-797-5191. Black Sheep Designs
- Way Out Gallery - Handmade furnishings, collectible arts, gallery exhibitions.
- Susan Story - artist, landscapes, portraits, pastels and water colors, Rensselaerville; Tel. 518-797-3375.
- Crafty Meg's - specializing in one of a kind gift baskets and silk flower arrangements, Margaret Sedlmeir, Preston Hollow; Tel. 518-239-6282.