Knox Volunteer Fire Department
In May 1950 the one room school house of Knox School District No. 6 was purchased by the Knox Volunteer Fire Department for one dollar. Remodeling labor was done by members of the department, and funds came from loans made by private citizens who waived any interest charges.
May 29, 1989 BKW Memorial Day Parade starts at 10 a.m. with a memorial service at the monument in front of the BKW Elementary School, sponsored by the Helderberg Kiwanis Club. Knox Fire Dept. will have an open house at their new fire house and a ahort parade and memorial service in front of the station on Route 146 at 1:00 pm.
- Altamont Enterprise - May 11, 1989
The old Knox School District No. 2 building was bought by the Knox Volunteer Fire Department and converted in 1966.
Knox Fire Trucks
Images from the collection of the Knox Fire Department
Knox Volunteer Fire Department - Drawing by Amy Pokorny - Available at the Octagon Barn