Born in 1760 per his headstone. 
Henry served in the Dutchess County Militia. The dates of his service are unknown, but he is listed as a soldier that received Land Bounty.
Marriage and Children
He married in New York, about 1785, Christina Stickles who was born in 1759. They had the following children:
- Philip Couchman b. on December 19, 1785 in Rensselaerville, Albany Co., New York; d. in 1857 in Broome, Schoharie Co., New York; m. on June 2, 1809 in Rensselaerville Zelpha Winans, b. in Rensselaerville on September 18, 1790, daughter of John and Catherine Waters Winans.
- Margaret Couchman b. on March 28, 1788 in Preston Hollow; m. about 1813 in Preston Hollow Hawley Winans, b. in Dutchess Co., New York on October 4, 1783, son of John and Catherine WATERS Winans.
- Cyrina Couchman b. on March 13, 1790 in Preston Hollow; d. on December 2, 1865 in Michigan; m. on March 27, 1807 in Albany Co. John Hagadone, b. in Albany Co. on May 7, 1785, d. in Michigan on June 6, 1863
- Elizabeth Couchman, b. on January 19, 1794 in Preston Hollow; d. on July 26, 1877 in Middleburgh, Schoharie Co.; m. Henry Hauver, b. about 1790, d. in Middleburgh on November 1, 1877.
- Mary Couchman, b. on February 7, 1797 in Preston Hollow; m. William Burnett, d. in Ontario Co., New York.
- John Couchman, b. on August 6, 1802 in Preston Hollow, he died in 1884.
Died in 1820 per his headstone. 
- www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyalbany/cem/Brookside.html Brookside Cemetery, Preston Hollow, recorded by Ann Hanford and her husband