Born in 1760 per his headstone. 
Henry served in the Dutchess County Militia. The dates of his service are unknown, but he is listed as a soldier that received Land Bounty.
Marriage and Children
He married in New York, about 1785, Christina Stickles who was born in 1759. They had the following children:
- Philip Couchman b. on December 19, 1785 in Rensselaerville, Albany Co., New York; d. in 1857 in Broome, Schoharie Co., New York; m. on June 2, 1809 in Rensselaerville Zelpha Winans, b. in Rensselaerville on September 18, 1790, daughter of John and Catherine Waters Winans.
- Margaret Couchman b. on March 28, 1788 in Preston Hollow; m. about 1813 in Preston Hollow Hawley Winans, b. in Dutchess Co., New York on October 4, 1783, son of John and Catherine Waters Winans.
- Cyrina Couchman b. on March 13, 1790 in Preston Hollow; d. on December 2, 1865 in Michigan; m. on March 27, 1807 in Albany Co. John Hagadone, b. in Albany Co. on May 7, 1785, d. in Michigan on June 6, 1863
- Elizabeth Couchman, b. on January 19, 1794 in Preston Hollow; d. on July 26, 1877 in Middleburgh, Schoharie Co.; m. Henry Hauver, b. about 1790, d. in Middleburgh on November 1, 1877.
- Mary Couchman, b. on February 7, 1797 in Preston Hollow; m. William Burnett, d. in Ontario Co., New York.
- John Couchman, b. on August 6, 1802 in Preston Hollow, he died in 1884.
Died in 1820 per his headstone.  His wife, Christina, died in 1832. Both are buried at the Brookside Cemetery in Preston Hollow.
- www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyalbany/cem/Brookside.html Brookside Cemetery, Preston Hollow, recorded by Ann Hanford and her husband