Farms and Farm Activities
From Westerlo, NY - a Helderberg Hilltown
- Bee & Ewe Farm - Wholesale honey. Yarn and blankets made with farm raised wool. 76 Stewart Rd.; Tel. (518) 765-2326.
- Eight Mile Creek Farm - Unusual varieties of certified organic fruits, vegetables and herbs in season, certified organic eggs year round, grass-fed organic beef We have a CSA, sell at local farmers' markets, to food cooperatives, as well as direct from our farm. Call ahead daily for requests and seasonal availability. Will harvest fresh for your arrival. Produce may also be purchased on line for home delivery through the Heldeberg Market. Pamela McSweeney, 40 Johnny Cake Hill Road, Westerlo; Tel. 518-966-5468.
- Elderberry Mary - jams and jellies, 217 Lake Rd., Berne, NY 12023; Elderberry Mary
- Golden Acres Farm - Beef cattle. 756 NYS Route 143; (518) 797-3021.
- Heldeberg Market - makes available fresh hilltown produce from many of the hilltown farms delivered weekly to your door. Sarah Gordon. 669-3447.
- Milner Farm - 1-year-old Blank Angus / Hereford cross cows available in the Spring. Square and Round Bale Hay. Jack Milner. Tel. (518) 797-3400.
- Weston Hill Farm and Boarding Kennels - Registered Border Cheviot and Registered Shetland Sheep; quality fleeces , wool products and delicious meat; registered breeding stock and freezer lambs. Eileen creates fiber sculptures from the fiber her flock of sheep produce. We also raise herbs, make potpourris and all things floral, keep bees and sell honey , beeswax ornaments and candles. Patrick & Eileen Testo, 133 Route 412; Tel. (518) 797-9252. Weston Hill Sheep Farm
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) - a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. Here are the basics: a farmer offers a certain number of "shares" to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, but other farm products may be included. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a "membership" or a "subscription") and in return receive a box (bag, basket) of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.