Peckham Hollow was named after Peleg Peckham, its first settler. Town meetings for Rensselaerville were held at the Peckham house between 1804-1808. Lot 52 and half of Lot 53 were divided into village plots and sold to Ezra Lester, Peleg Peckham, Hezekiah Holdridge, John Van Deusen, Henry Powers, Charles Griggs, John McCrary and James Bill. Lester and Peckham had a tannery and shoe and leather business. With the failure of bark for tanning, Peckham Hollow subsided and village lots were absorbed in the farm of Lester..