The Frisbee House was erected 1790-91 in the hamlet of Rensselaerville. A store and tavern; doctor's office and justice's office, the federal library, a ballroom, the Free Mason's Lodge and the family were all at one time accommodated in this house. In 1922-1972 it was known as the "Catalpa House"..
- People Made It Happen Here, History of the Town of Rensselaerville ca. 1788-1950, Published 1977