From Knox, NY - a Helderberg Hilltown
Visitor facilities in Knox and nearby towns.
Something to eat
Places to eat in the town of Knox and surrounding communities:
- Home Front Cafe - Home style cooking in a friendly atmosphere. Not really on the hill, but a favorite with folks from the hill towns. 192 Main St, Altamont; Tel. (518) 861-6452.
- Township Tavern - Bar and family restaurant, party facility in a recently renovated restaurant in an historic hotel in the hamlet of East Township. Township Rd.; Knox; Tel. (518) 872-2100
- Maple Inn - a family restaurant and bar in an historic hotel at 64 Main Street, East Berne (off Rt. 443); Tel. (518) 872-9433.
- History of Maple Inn (info Needed)
- The Olde Corner Store - 133 Factory, Gallupville. Tel. (518) 872-1610.
- Pleasant Valley Kitchen Co Llc - # 398 Pleasant Valley Rd, Altamont; Tel. (518) 872 -0976.
- The Hofbrau - a German restaurant in an historic resort on the shore of beautiful Warners Lake at 141 Warners Lake Rd., East Berne; Tel. (518) 872-1016 / 872-9912.
- History of The Hofbrau (info needed)
Places to stay
- Thompsons Lake State Park at the north end of Thompsons Lake has a dump station, campground for tents and trailers, picnic tables.
- John Boyd Thacher State Park is on the eastern town line partly in Berne but mainly in the Town of New Scotland. It has campgrounds and picnic tables.
- Altamont Old Stone House Inn - A five bedroom bed and breakfast inn in an old stone house. Nancy and Bill Turner, Innkeepers, 1160 Berne Altamont Rd, Altamont; Tel. (518) 861-0200 or Email Altamont Inn.
- Guest Houses - (to be added when there are some).
For something special
- Black Sheep Antique Center - RR 20, Duanesburg; Tel. (518) 895-2983.
- The Farm Art & Antiques - 2382 Western Tpke Route 20 Duanesburg; Tel. (518) 355-5244.
- Remember When - 5118 Western Tpke., Duanesburg; Tel. (518) 895-8161.