From Knox, NY - a Helderberg Hilltown
Beaverdam (now in Knox).
Initially settled by Frederick Bassler, Sr, probably prior to 1757.
- 1787 survey map by Wm Cockburn of Van Rensselaer's West Manor, shows Frederick Bassler on lot 644. He was probably the s/o Bassler, Frederick (B. Abt. 1715) (Frederick Bassler, Sr). b. abt. 1722 and d. 1784. In his will he left the land to his wife. Immediately to the west was lot 631, where his step-son Johannis Leib lived.
- 1790 Rensselaerville, Albany Co, NY (M637-6),
- 1800 Bern, Albany Co, NY (M32-22),
- 1810 Bern, Albany Co, NY (M252-26),
- 1820 Berne, Albany Co, NY (M33-63),
- 1825, Knox created from Berne.
- Miller, Harold. "Berne Historical Project - Land Records Listing";