Altamont Enterprise March 22, 1935
Will Build Recreation Center At Knox Cave
A new circular has been issued by the Knox Cave Company, inviting the public to visit this natural wonder, with mystic splendor of thousands of years past. A map shows how to reach the cave from any point in the Capital district.
It also tells of the plans of the company to construct a modern recreation center, with rest rooms, lounge, restaurant and dining room.
Construction of a new building sixty by one hundred and twenty is underway. This will serve not only the purpose of the cave's business, but also as a community center. It will have a seating capacity of 1,000 and have all modern facilities, where dancing, basketball, boxing and other sports can be carried-on.
Another interesting, news note in connection with the cave activities is the purchase last Tuesday by the Knox Cave company of the Armstrong farm owned by Henry A. Miller. This property Consists of over two hundred acres, with buildings. This will give the cave company uninterrupted entrances to the cavern and additional advantages.
The members of the company are contemplating a big season for Knox Cave during 1935.
Special tickets are being sold by Knox Cave Company at $1.10 each. They are good for admission at anytime when the cave is open. Proceeds from the sale of these special tickets are to be used in part for jobs for the needy in the Knox Cave area. The U. S. Department of Labor has approved the plan, and it is expected that the N. R. S. will supply sales managers and canvassers.
- Altamont Enterprise March 22, 1935