Joseph Gallup was born December 9, 1791, Stonington, New London, CT, the son of son of General John Gallup and Hannah (Denison) Gallup
Marriage & Children
Joseph Gallup married Lucy A. Fowler, daughter of Benjamin and Lucy Douglas Fowler, May 12, 1816; Lucy A. Fowler Gallup was born May 11, 1798, and died January 26, 1864.
- Benjamin Fowler Gallup, b. July 12, 1818, Knox.
- Lucy Ann Gallup, b. May 14, 1820, Knox, d. April 16, 1868, at Knox, N. Y.
- Amanda Maria Gallup, b. Sept. 11, 1822, Knox, m. Abram P. Walker, Sept. 14, 1864. Residence New Scotland, Albany Co., N. Y.
- Lucretia Amelia Gallup, b. Jan. 26, 1826, Knox; m. Iziahiah W. Chesebro, Feb. 6, 1849, d. Aug. 25, 1864, at Cohoes, N. Y.
- Emma Abigail Gallup, b. May 18, 1829 Knox, m. John M. Hotaling, June 14, 1854. Residence, Delmar, N. Y.
- Cornelia Ester Gallup, b. May 30, 1833 Knox, m. John Ketcham, Dec. 15, 1857.
- John Jay Gallup, b. Oct. 6, 1835 Knox, m. Jan. 14, 1873, Mary Frederick. One child. Anna Louisa, b. Jan. 14, 1875 Knox, d. Sept. 20, 1875, at their residence in Knox, N. Y.
- Henry Gardiner Gallup, b. Feb. 7, 1838, Knox.
- Bezaleel Howe Gallup, b. Aug. 27, 1842, Knox; unmarried. Residence, New York City.
Joseph Gallup died May 20, 1870, at their home in Knox, N. Y.