Latany Day (Different spellings for Latany) born 22 June 1767 Smithfield, R.I. Parents are Samuel Day and Amie Plimpton.
Latany moved to Rensselearville before 1792. He is listed in the Van Rensselear papers on lot 262. It shows Day and Rogers now William Almy + L. Day. Latany Day lease Mar. 22,1792. William Almy must sell to William Borthwick in 1803 then L. Day takes over Borthwicks part 1806.The farm was on Olmo Road west of Rensselaerville.
Marriage and Children
Latany Day married Nancy Crandell/Crandall Jan. 9,1791. Children were:
- Amy Day 22 Feb. 1793, died 26 May 1871 Otego Co.; married Daniel M. Garvey born Huntersland
- John Day 23 Aug. 1797, married Pamela Sisson
- Sylvia Day 1800, married Pardon Taber
- Stephen Day 1803, married Mary Palmer
- Cynthia Day 1805, died 27 Feb.1869 Huntersland married Isaac F. Garvey born Huntersland
- Ezra Day 1807, died 1883; married Mary R. Stillwell. Ezra Day took over The family farm.
Latany died 9 Feb. 1838 Rensselaerville, Albany Co. He is buried with his wife in the Day Family Burying Ground
Additional Research Notes