Jump to navigation Jump to search
Visit Organizations for a listing of all know cemeteries in the Hilltowns.
- Berne-Knox AMVETS Post 19 - organization Berne and Knox veterans of WWII
- Berne Observation Post 977B - World War II plane spotters
- Berne Senior Womens Missionary Society
- Foxenkill Grange #1579 was organized in 1943
- Helderberg Mountaineer's - A local group that often performed at BKW Highschool
- Berne Tent 770, Knights of the Maccabees
- Uhia Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star #803 was organized in 1927
- East Berne Businessmen's Association
- Town of Berne official web page.
- Berne Conservation Gun Club was organized in 1932
- Berne Highway Department
- Berne Historical Project - collects census, cemetery, and church records to make information on local people, genealogy of area families and local history available on the Internet. (Not affiliated with the Berne Historical Society.)
- Berne Historical Society was organized in 1971 to preserve historical records and artifacts. Located in the Berne Museum, upstairs in the Town Hall.
- Berne Knox Westerlo Central School District was organized in 1931. It has since been enlarged through the annexation of several common school districts and now includes the towns of Berne, most of Knox, and most of the town of Westerlo, along with small portions of the towns of New Scotland, Rensselaerville, Middleburgh and Wright.
- Berne Masonic Lodge #684 was organized in 1868
- Berne Public Library - located in the Town Hall.
- Berne Volunteer Fire Company was organized in 1929.
- Friends of the Library - Friends of the Berne Public Library raise funds for improvements to the Berne Library.
- Helderberg Ambulance
- The Hilltown Players is a local amateur theater company.
- Hilltown Ramblers - a local Blue Grass Band.
- Hilltowns Senior Citizens
- Kiwanis Club of the Helderbergs
- Warners Lake Improvement Association - an active organization.