Wolford Family Burying Ground
Wolford Family Burying Ground. Copied September 25th, 1937.
Knox-Gallupville Road 1? miles from Knox. Begin on your left in field on Wolford farm.
Transcription of stones
- Col. Asa Abbott, died July 29, 1826 aged 67 years. DAR Mohawk Rev.
- Ira Abbott, died April 11, 1830 aged 38 years
- Maria E., eldest daughter of the late Ira Abbott, died June 15, 1831 aged 12 years
- Little Henry Wolford - no dates
- Henry D. Wolford, died February 22, 1856 aged 57 years, 7 months and 4 days
- Catharine Becker, wife, died May 22, 1830 aged 35 years
- John Wolford, Jr. died January 11, 1848 aged 61 years, 8 months and 1 day
- Lovina, wife of Isiah Hanes, died August 1, 1840 aged 61 years
From the records of early burial places on the farms in the town of Knox, N.Y. Compiled by WILLIAM A. BRINKMAN, HISTORIAN, Town of Guilderland, Altamont NY RD1, 1940.
The following list was found in the Knox Historical Society museum. No source was given.
on the Knox-Gallupville Road Knox,N.Y.
The 11th of April,1830 of consumption in his 38 year:
in full XXXI faith of the redeemer.
on the 15th Jan. 1831: Maria E. Abbott eldest daughter of the late Ira Abbott in her
COL. ASA ABBOTT
aged 67 years
He served his country under
Gen. Washington xxxxxigxmoix
in the Continental Army
during the entire Revolutionary War.
HENRY D. WOLFORD 2,
aged 57 years
7 m's 4 dts
to the memory of CATHERINE BECKER
Henry D. Wolford who departed this life May 22, 1839
Aged 35 years
(epitath worn away)
JOHN WOLFORD JR. DIED
aged 61 years 8m's 1 day
NAME MISSING wife of
isaac James died
Transcriptions from 1994 - Source Unknown
24. The Wolford Family Burying Ground, Knox-Gallupville Road, 1 1/2 miles from Knox. (Now the property of Whipple--this site no longer exists.)
Asa Abbott, died July 29, 1826, aged 67 years DAR Mohawk Rev.
Ira Abbott, died April 11, 1830, aged 38 years
Maria B., eldest daughter of ira Abbott, died June 15, 1831, aged 12 years
Little Henry Woiford--no dates
Henry D. Wolford, died February 22, 1856, aged 57 years, 7 months and 4 days
Catharine Becker, wife, died May 22, 1830, aged 35 years
John Wolford, Jr., died January 11, 1848, aged 61 years, 8 months and 1 day
Lovina, wife of isiah Hanes, died August 1, 1840, aged 61 years