Jonathan Wood was born at about 1801 in Schoharie County, NY a son of Benjamin and Sarah Taggart Wood
Marriage & Children
At about 1822 he married Phebe Baragar who was born at about 1803, probably in Schoharie County. Their known child:
- Nancy Wood was born at about 1823. She married Perry Gifford they lived in Rensselaerville
- Mary J. Wood was born at about 1837. No further information. Was not named in her father’s will.
At about 1846 he married in Schoharie County, Sally Ann (West?) who was born in September of 1814. They had the following known children:
- Jay Danforth Wood was born about 1848
- Datus Ensign Wood was born in June of 1850. He married Catherine McDermott
Jonathan died on August 19, 1855 and was buried in his family burial plot in Knox.
Jonathan D. Wood Family Burying Ground
- Phebe Baragar, d. 27 Nov 1843, Age 40, wife of Jonathan D. Wood
- Jonathan D. Wood, d. 19 Aug 1855, Age 54