David was born on March 31, 1751 in Amboy, New Jersey. 
He enlisted as a private at Schodack, Rensselaer County, NY in May or June of 1775 and served eleven months in Captain John Vischer’s Company, Colonel Van Schaick’s New York Regiment.
In the Fall of 1777 he served in Captain Schermerhorn’s Company un Colonel Beekman’s New York Regiment.
In the Spring of 1778, he served a month in Captian Falk’s Company, Colonel Beekman’s Regiment.
He enlisted in September of 1780 and served in Colonel Livingston’s Regiment under Captain James Magee.
Marriage & Children
On February 17, 1781 in Kinderhook, Columbia County, NY he married Hannah Huyck who was born at about 1762 in Schodack, Rensselaer County, NY a daughter of Andres Huyck and Magdelana Sheffer.  Their children:
- Laurance Sullivan was christened on January 6, 1788. He married Catherine Hallenbeck
- Jonathan Sullivan was born in 1798. He married Betsy Moak
- Jean Sullivan born about 1782, no further record
- Andries Sullivan christened July 3, 1785 at Kinderhook, no further record
- Magdalana Sullivan born December 6, 1792, married John Dunbar
- Neeltje Sullivan born August 24, 1795 at Westerlo. She married John Peter Hollenbeck.
David died on September 18, 1845 at Westerlo, NY.  Hannah was at Worcester, Otsego Co., NY when she applied for her pension in 1846 and she was 84 years old.
David Sullivan Revolutionary War pension file
Includes Hannah’s pension file as his widow.