Difference between revisions of "Schermerhorn, Henry I."
(Created page with "__NOTOC__ ==Birth== Henry I. Schoonmaker was born on April 15, 1775. He was christened on May 21, 1775, a son of John Schoonmaker and Altje Burhans. His known siblings were...")
Latest revision as of 00:14, 31 August 2013
Henry I. Schoonmaker was born on April 15, 1775. He was christened on May 21, 1775, a son of John Schoonmaker and Altje Burhans. His known siblings were”
- Abraham Schoonmaker
- Margaret Schoonmaker
- Cornelius Schoonmaker
Marriage & Children
On January 15, 1797 Henry married Geesje (Joyce) Groot who was christened on June 15, 1775 at the Helderberg Reformed Church, a daughter of Jan Groot and Engeltje Van Patten. Their known children:
- Engeltje Schoonmaker christened September 30, 1798
- John Schoonmaker born January 10, 1801. He was deceased by May 12, 1849. His children, Henry and Sarah were living in Illinois on that date.
- Cherk (Charles)Schoonmaker born April 25, 1803
- Abraham Schoonmaker born November 8, 1805
- Henry Schoonmaker christened October 25, 1808
- Hester (Esther) Schoonmaker born September 8, 1811
- Philip Groot Schoonmaker born February 20, 1814
At about 1819, Henry married Sarah Taylor who was born on March 17, 1786. Their known children:
- Ledy (Alida) Schoonmaker born December 13, 1820
- William Taylor Schoonmaker born August 11, 1822
At about 1838, Henry married Mary ____who was born at about 1795. There were no known children from this marriage.
Joyce died on March 7, 1816. Sarah died on August 28, 1834. Henry died on January 15, 1859. Henry and his first two wives were buried at the Quay Street Cemetery in Knox. It appears from Henry’s will that Mary survived Henry but her date of death or place of burial is not known.
Henry Schoonmaker Will
Additional Research Notes