Difference between revisions of "Gallup, Ezra"
Latest revision as of 22:24, 18 September 2013
Ezra Gallup was born on March 13, 1763 in Stonington, New London Co., CT, son Nathaniel Gallup, Jr b: 29 APR 1718 in Stonington, New London County, CT, USA and Hannah Gore b: 30 DEC 1720 in Norwich, New London County, CT,. His siblings were:
- Nathaniel Gallup born June 4, 1744.
- Silas Gallup born March 9, 1748
- George Gallup , Sr born on March 20, 1750
- Margaret Gallup born March 20, 1753
- Amos Gallup born August 1, 1755
- Hannah Gore Gallup born August 22, 1757
- Levi Gallup , Sr born March 26, 1760
All born at Stonington, CT.
Served in Captain William Stanton’s Company, August 16, 1780 and Captain Elizer Prentiss’s Company, Col. McCollius Regiment 1782, Enlisted September 26, 1778 and discharged, November 14, 1778.
Marriage & Children
In 1786 he married Rebecca Hinckley who was born on July 6, 1766 a daughter of Abel Hinkley and Sarah Hubbard. Their children:
- Ezra Gallup, born June 25, 1787, Stonington, Connecticut, he married Clarissa Morgan, March 8, 1815, Preston, Connecticut
- Rebecca Gallup, born February 19, 1789, Stonington, Connecticut
- Hannah Gallup, born July 7, 1790, Stonington, Connecticut, she married Norman Willie
- Abel Gallup, born October 3, 1791, Stonington, Connecticut, Service: Private in Captain Dan Morrell’s Company, New York Militia, War of 1812. He married Anna Frink, March 8, 1818, Berne, New York
- Sarah Gallup, born December 26, 1793, Stonington, Connecticut
- Esther Gallup, born June 6, 1795, Stonington, Connecticut, she married Henry Osterhout
- Prudence Gallup, born October 6, 1797, Stonington, Connecticut, she married Elias Osterhout
- Obiadiah Gallup, born May 27, 1798, Stonington, Connecticut
- Elizabeth Gallup, born March 3, 1800, Stonington, Connecticut
- Charles Gallup, born March 14, 1802, Stonington, Connecticut, he married Elizabeth Brewster on September 6, 1836 at Schoharie New York
- Elihu Gallup, born December 9, 1803, Stonington, Connecticut
- Caroline Gallup, born September 20, 1805, Stonington, Connecticut, she married Griffin Whipple
- Abigail Gallup, born March 13, 1807, Stonington, Connecticut, she married Giles Tripp
Rebecca died on August 10, 1843. Ezra died on April 5, 1846. Both were buried at the Gallupville Cemetery, Gallupville, New York
Ezra Gallup Revolutionary War pension file
Additional Research Notes