Cornell, John (1764)
John Cornell was born on April 28, 1764. On tombstone it states: John Cornell was born in the town of Dartmouth, Mass. April 28, 1761; died Aug. 10, 1825 aged 74 ys.
Marriage & Children
He married Lydia Russell on December 19, 1791 at Dartmouth, Bristol Co., MA and had the following known children:
- Resolve Cornell b. (c 1792 -1877)
- Zerviah Cornell born at about 1794
- Lydia Cornell (1796-1878) never married
- John Cornell b. about 1799 Was a physician who lived in Chester, Meigs Co., Ohio
- Perry G. Cornell (1801-1878) never married
- Jonathan Cornell (1806-1809)
- Polly Cornell (1810-1892) married John W. Ostrander
John died on August 10, 1835 in Knox. Lydia died on June 5, 1855 in Knox. They are both buried in their private burial ground, Cornell Family Burial Ground in Knox. Burying ground also called Lilac Hill Cemetery.
- John Cornell was born in the town of Dartmouth, Mass. April 28, 1761; died Aug. 10, 1825 aged 74 ys. Another transcription read: John Cornell, b. 28 Apr 1764, d. 10 Aug 1835 Age 71
- Lydia Russell, b. 26 Oct 1771, d. 5 Jun 1855, Age 83, wife of John Cornell : Lydia Russell wife of John Cornell Born in Dartmouth, Mass. Oct 26, 1769: died June 6, 1855
Additional Research Notes