Sarah Conger was born in New Jersey about 1760. Her parents have not yet been determined, but she was a member of the Conger family whose members have made many contributions to American history.
Marriage & Children
Sarah married Silas Sayre on 1 February 1785 in New Windsor, NY. They had the following children:
- Clarissa, baptized 7/20/1788, married John Fitch.
- Elizabeth, born 1/28/1786, married Daniel Denton.
- James Harvey, baptized 1/26/1797, married 12/27/97 to Sallie G. Horton.
- William N. (b. 3/3/1808 Rensselaerville), married Sally Ann Marshall.
- Silas, baptized 7/21/1793, died in infancy.
- Sally Ann, died unmarried at Rensselaerville.
- Silas Sayre Jr., born 5/3/1807, married Nancy Palmer.
- Polly, baptized 2/1/1796, died in infancy.
- David, moved to Crawford, IN.
- Elvira, married Samuel Martin of Charlottesville, Otsego County, NY.
- Benjamin Franklin Sayre (b. 11/15/1810 Rensselaerville, d. 2/21/1893), married Lucinda Wickes.
Sarah Sayre died circa 1843 in NY.
Additional Research Notes