Adams, Charles L. (B. 1859)
Charles L. Adams was born December 24, 1859, the son of Andrew J. Adams (13 APR 1829 - 6 MAR 1911) and Sophia Catharine Shultes (13 JUN 1834 - 13 JAN 1908). His brothers and sisters were:
- Franklin A Adams (ABT 1852 - MAR 1937) of Altamont
- John William Adams (2 AUG 1854 - 1 FEB 1941) of Berne
- Clark Adams (1857 - 16 NOV 1938) of Berne
- Edwin Jay Adams (18 JUL 1862 - 8 NOV 1880)
- Mary Elizabeth Adams (ABT APR 1865 - 1 FEB 1928)
- George B. Adams (23 MAY 1867 - 8 AUG 1935) of Berne
- Elizabeth M. Adams (ABT 1869 - BEF 1937 )
Marriage & Children
Charles L. Adams married 16 NOV 1927 at Lutheran Parsonage, Town of Berne, Albany, NY Hannah Dugal (1874 - 1960). A second spouse was Sarah.
Charles L. Adams died December 14, 1934 at his home in the village (Berne).
CHARLES L. ADAMS
On December 14, 1934, at his home in the village, after a brief illness, Charles L. Adams died within ten days of his 75th birthday. The serious nature of his illness was apparent from the beginning, but the sudden end came as a shock to his friends everywhere.
A gentle natured man, of quiet dignity and loveable disposition, Mr. Adams was held in affectionate regard by his many friends, and specially by the members of his own family. Four brothers survive him, Frank, of Altamont, John, Clarke, and George, of Berne; and many nieces and nephews. His widow remains in the lonely home which they had most happily shared for seven years. Her sister resides with her. The community feels the deepest sympathy for her sorrow.
The funeral service was at the Lutheran church on Monday afternoon, a large number being in attendance.
The Rev. John Miller, pastor of the church, officiated. Mr. Adams was for years a member of the church, and devoted in his regular presence at the usual services.
- Altamont Enterprise — December 21, 1934
- www.BerneHistory.com Family Files